Compression socks are a type of legwear designed to apply pressure to lower legs and reduce inflammation. They are made of elastic fibers and rubber material that compresses the limbs in calves. They can help in the treatment of medical conditions as well as the enhancement of blood flow during physical activity. Compression socks have a variety of sizes, colors, and different compression levels.
There is a long list of its benefits, but we'll talk about some of the most significant ones. People use these socks for a number of reasons, a few of which involve medical conditions. If you aren't familiar with its advantages, then this is the place for you. You'll get to know the reasons behind why people wear compression socks, and why do doctors prescribe them to patients experiencing leg sicknesses. So, without any more delay, let's get into the reasons:
Who Uses Compression Socks and Why?
- Compression socks are a popular choice for many people who want to improve blood flow and relieve leg pain.
- Compression socks help people with diseases including deep vein thrombosis, and diabetes.
- Individuals who take part in activities that require standing or walking for prolonged hours. Flight attendants, cashiers, and athletes are good examples.
- Compression stockings help improve blood circulation and decrease inflammation in the legs for people in wheelchairs.
- They're also used by pregnant ladies and those recovering from surgery.
- Individuals who are more prone to blood clots may also benefit from compression socks, which doctors may recommend.
- Compression socks can help people at work by minimizing fatigue and soreness.
- Lecturers who are addressing the students will benefit from a pair of socks as well. It reduces the fatigue and swelling that may accompany at the end of the day.
How Long Should You Wear Compression Socks?
If you don't know how long you should wear compression socks, consult your doctor. Compression socks are used by some people every day, while others only wear them while recovering from surgery, exercising, or flying long distances. You can wear compression socks all day if they help with medical problems or make you feel comfortable. The reason is, they help eliminate lactic acid from your muscles and reduce or prevent soreness after physical activity. If the socks you chose are uncomfortable or tight, maybe you should try a different level of compression.