Compression stockings apply incremental pressure to the legs and boost up the velocity of the flowing blood. The pressure galvanizes the blood, and it seems logical that compression socks are helpful against low blood pressure or hypotension.
However, this assumption is a relatively misplaced cue. Some studies might hint that compression socks tinker systolic blood pressure positively, but the impact is almost negligible if it exists.
What is Hypotension
Low blood pressure or Hypotension occurs when the push for arterial walls gets extremely low—the insufficient supply of blood results in fainting and lightheadedness.
Hypotension can be extremely dangerous if left untreated for long.
What Are Compression Stockings Crafted to Do?
By applying gentle and incremental pressure on the lower limbs, compression stockings aim to decrease the diameter of the vessels.
The target is a double-edged sword. Not only does the narrow veins prevent blood from flowing in the wrong direction, but the small diameter also enhances the velocity of blood flow.
Practice it by putting your finger over a quarter of the mouth of a water hose. The spray becomes stronger.
The same happens with your veins and arteries when you wear compression stockings day in and day out.
The Best Hosiery Alternative
The best hosiery alternative for compression therapy is a pair of knee-length compression socks. It is considered the best alternative considering its placebo or a positive impact on a patient with hypotension.
Organic Ways to Neutralize the Low Blood Pressure
Fortunately, dwindling blood pressure can be cured through a variety of organic methods. The ten best methods are;
- Drink plenty of potable water as hypotension may be because of dehydration.
- Eat a balanced diet as not enough nutrients wither away the power tank.
- Low blood pressure can also be caused by eating a big meal. Take the meal in chunks.
- Avoid or limit alcohol.
- Sodium raises blood pressure so consume more salt.
- Low blood pressure is a warning sign of diabetes. Check out your blood sugar instantly.
- Get your thyroid checked.
- If you are already encountering any viral, bacterial, or infectious infections, treat them without delay.
Contrary to popular opinion, compression socks are not much help in resolving the low blood pressure issue. Hypotension must be treated scientifically, and wearing compression stockings might do more harm than good. Compression socks are helpful in other contexts.