Which Compression Socks Do I Need?
Compression socks are medical-grade devices crafted to improve the flow of blood throughout the body.
However, the buyer must remember that these stockings come up in a variety of support levels.
A wrong choice of compression brings more harm than good. The most common variants of compression socks are Mild (8-15), Medium (15-20), Firm (20-30), X-firm (30-40), and RX (40-50) mmHg gradient levels.
In this excerpt, we will delve into the nitty-gritty of all the major variants. Hence, you may pick whatever suits you.
- Mild Socks provide instant relief against the achy legs after long-standing or sitting stints.
- They also relieve minor swelling of the legs, ankles, and feet.
- During pregnancy, mild compression helps thwart the formation of spider or varicose veins.
- Medium Prevents build-up of spider and varicose veins.
- It helps against aching legs as well as swelled up ankles, feet, and legs.
- During pregnancy, it helps relieve pressure on the pelvic muscle.
- Good care against Economy Class Syndrome aka Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT).
- For sclerotherapy treatment, the pair helps in thwarting the reappearance of spider and varicose veins.
- Ideal squeeze level for travelers of long-distance.
- The firm helps thwart varicose veins, and it also stems from the reappearance of varicose veins.
- Helpful in the treatment of lymphatic and severe edema.
- Helps manage ulcers and wrong manifestations of PST aka Post-thrombotic Syndrome.
- Helps cure superficial thrombophlebitis.
- Helps manage orthostatic hypotension, a condition when the blood pressure falls suddenly.
- Helps against Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) aka Economy Class Syndrome.
- Helps relieve varicose and spider veins.
- Cures edema and lymphedema.
- Post-sclerotherapy treatment also helps in the prevention of reappearance of spider and varicose veins.
- Reduces early signs of Postural and Orthostatic Hypotension.
- Manages active ulcers and Post-Thrombotic Syndrome (PTS).
- Mitigates Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT).
This extreme gradient is the last resort for severe diseases like acute swelling, severe varicose veins, Deep Vein Thrombosis, or chronic vein insufficiency. This squeezing gradient must not be utilized without proper medical advice.
There are myriad compression socks and stockings in the market. The persons in need rush towards these without thinking of getting any medical prescription.
Nevertheless, it is important to consult the healthcare provider before rolling in a pair of socks above 20 mmHg. After approval, you can cherry-pick any of the above variants considering your symptoms. This way, the benefits snowball into wholesome health. Live with care!