What conditions require the use of compression socks?
Compression socks are specialized socks that can help prevent various health conditions, a few of which you will learn about in this article. The primary motive of this particular hosiery is to apply pressure on your lower legs to help the veins control the flow of blood. Without them, there is a chance of encountering many venous disorders. Therefore, wearing them is highly recommended, especially when you see yourself fitting in the conditions shared on this page.
Compression socks are typically considered safe and do not create any complications. It comes in different sizes and compression levels, so consult with your doctor before choosing one.
Conditions that require the use of compression socks:
Compression socks are used to alleviate a small problem before it becomes a serious one. Clinical data shows that they flawlessly help reduce the symptoms of diseases associated with legs. The following are some of the conditions where compression socks play a vital role:
- Mildly aching and tired legs.
- It gives relief from the pain occurring from standing or sitting for a long time.
- They can be used on inflamed, painful, or fatigued legs.
- For fixing poor blood flow in the legs.
- In the treatment of varicose veins.
- Used to treat orthostatic/postural hypotension, a form of low blood pressure.
- Compression socks are also used after bone fracture adjustments and orthopedic surgeries.
- Used in the severe cases of DVT and post-thrombotic syndrome.
- The long bed rests, such as after surgery.
- For the treatment of venous leg ulcers.
Patients with venous disorders, such as DVT, varicose veins, and diabetes, as well as post-operative patients, pregnant women, and athletes, should wear compression socks. Compression socks and sleeves are worn by many sportspersons, especially basketball players, on their legs and arms as well.
Proper blood flow supplies oxygen to muscles and helps relieve discomfort. This improved blood and lymph circulation speed up the recovery process and stop disease progression. If you are experiencing any leg problems due to long hours of inactivity or have some venous disorder, compression socks can definitely bring you some relief.