Have you ever found difficulty recognizing your feet owing to the swelling effect? We know that compression socks work well against the varicose veins, but do you know the magical effect of these socks against swelling?
Let's take a look at how compression socks work against inflammation.
This exclusively-designed hosiery fits nicely around feet and legs. When worn, the customized pressure pushes excessive fluids out of feet, ankles, and legs, paving the way for normalization.
How do These Pair of Stockings Stem Swelling?
Compression stockings or socks are specifically crafted to stem swelling around legs, feet, and ankles by applying gentle pressure on them.
The consistent pressure prevents the accumulation of fluids into the tissues. The fluid buildup is the real menace that brings discomfort leading to excruciating pain in the legs.
Nevertheless, different variants of pressure socks could give varying pressure effects. The physician can guide well in this regard, considering the condition of swelling.
Who are at Risk of Swelling?
Although the list of compression socks' clientele is long, these segments are prone to having swelling effects on their legs.
- People diagnosed with varicose or diabetes often have swellings around the legs.
- The persons who have gone through surgical procedures.
- Partially or wholly bedridden patients.
- Works having sedentary or standing work requirements.
- Pregnant women.
How Do Compression Socks Lower the Risk of Swelling?
Commission socks lower pressure on legs and improve circulation. Upon continuous usage, the arteries which carry oxygen-rich blood get relaxed and allow blood to flow freely. The same force guides the veins to push blood back to the heart.
The zero pressure ultimately makes ankles and feet less prone to swelling. Less stress on the legs also prevents the legs from getting weary quickly. Amazingly, this de-pooling of blood thwarts the risk of blood clotting in the first place.
Extra Help for Swelling Besides Wearing Compression Socks
Besides countering the menace of swelling by wearing compression socks, there are many other tricks out there that can rectify the swelling problem organically.
- Elevate your legs up on a table or footstool frequently during the hour-long sitting.
- Standing for extended periods also accumulates fluid in the lower extremities. Relieve it by simply stretching your knees, thighs, and ankles.
- Lose weight; a lower BMI will reduce your chances of swelling.
- Using Epsom salt during baths can also relieve swelling without having to break bank and deal with prescriptions.